Commercial HVACR Systems Analysis
Course Number: 10-481-109
Description: 10-481-109 COMMERCIAL HVACR ANALYSIS ...identify commercial HVAC system types and the general energy use impact of each type. Calculations of system equipment efficiencies will be used to determine EER, SEER, AFUE, COP, combination and seasonal efficiency in boilers, balance point partial efficiency. (Corequisites: 10-481-114, Intro to Energy Management)
Total Credits: 3
Prior Learning Assessments
- Review heat transfer principles for buildings.
- Describe thermodynamic processes in buildings.
- Analyze the psychrometrics of HVACR systems.
- Analyze the heating and cooling loads of buildings.
- Analyze types of heating equipment for buildings.
- Analyze types of cooling equipment for buildings.
- Analyze types of duct systems for HVACR equipment in buildings.
- Develop strategies to operate HVACR systems efficiently.
- Analyze the vapor compression cycle of a refrigeration system.