Utility Power Systems Coordination
Course Number: 10-468-101
Description: 10-468-101 UTILITY POWER SYSTEMS COORDINATION ...learn utility systems interconnection from generation through distribution. Includes: powerhouse, hydroelectric, wind, solar and nuclear, EHV and HV transmission, the utility grid, device coordination, metering, protective relays, fuses, breakers, and fault current interrupting. (Prerequisite: 10-468-109, Utility Generation Systems; Corequisites: 10-605-157, Power Electronics 1: Drives; 10-605-158, Power Electronics 2: Drives; 10-620-159, Power Electronics 3: Drives)
Total Credits: 3
Prior Learning Assessments
- Explore utility generation, transmission and distribution systems.
- Analyze the interrelationship between power generation, transmission and distribution.
- Identify substation equipment and circuit protection devices.
- Analyze substation control and protection principles.
- Identify transmission and distribution control equipment and circuit protection devices.
- Analyze transmission and distribution line protection principles.
- Analyze power system control schemes.
- Calculate power system fault currents and determine device interrupt rating requirements.
- Analyze a power system for coordination and arc flash hazards.
- Determine arc flash regulatory requirements.
- Analyze contingency planning for subsystem outages.