Course Number: 10-410-109
Description: 10-410-109 CARPENTRY ESTIMATING ...basic material and labor cost estimating related to carpentry construction. (Corequisite: Successful completion of 10-410-111, Carpentry Prints & Specifications)
Total Credits: 2
Prior Learning Assessments
- Breakdown complex shapes.
- Convert measuring system to decimal.
- Demonstrate simple mathematics used in estimating.
- Calculate areas and volumes of figures to stated accuracy using decimal feet dimensions.
- Perform material "take-off" from blueprints.
- Organize take-off data in meaningful and convenient manner.
- Use published estimating "reference data."
- Use tables and "reference data" to calculate time and material costs.
- Describe materials and methods used in the excavation of and construction of a residential foundation.
- Estimate material and labor costs to excavate for and construct a typical residential foundation.
- Discuss various materials for and methods of installing beams and posts of a floor system.
- Estimate material and labor requirements for floor framing.
- Estimate the cost of materials and installation for floor sheathing.
- Describe materials and methods used to frame stud frame walls and partitions.
- Describe the materials and methods used for wall sheathing.
- Describe the materials and methods used to frame a typical roof system.
- Estimate material and labor requirements to construct floor, wall, and roof systems.
- Discuss types of siding available and take-off quantities required for installation.
- Discuss types of cornice systems common to residential construction and take-off quantities required for installation.
- Discuss common roofing materials used in residential construction and take-off quantities for installation.
- Estimate materials and labor costs for siding, cornice, and roofing systems.
- Select window and door assembly members and count quantities required for installation.
- Describe various wood trim and flooring materials and count quantities required for installation.
- Take-off case work quantities required for installation.
- Estimate material and labor costs for installation of interior finish items.
- Describe various gypsum and insulating products and installation methods used in building construction.
- Take-off material quantities and estimate material and installation costs of gypsum and insulation products.