Collision Refinish Topcoat Application
Course Number: 10-405-121
Description: 10-405-121 COLLISION REFINISH TOPCOAT APPLICATION ...this course provides the opportunity for the learner to develop the knowledge, skills, process and understanding of locating and mixing automotive color formulas, applying sealers, single-stage, and basecoat/clearcoat finishes, and optimizing transfer efficiency. (Prerequisite: 10-405-118, Intro to Auto Refinishing; Corequisite: 10-405-107, Collision Refinish Surface Prep)
Total Credits: 2
Prior Learning Assessments
- Obtain vehicle paint color.
- Describe primer-sealer usage.
- Apply primer-sealer.
- Describe single-stage usage.
- Apply single-stage paint.
- Describe basecoat/clearcoat usage.
- Apply basecoat/clearcoat paint.
- Obtain acceptable transfer efficiency.