Intro to Auto Refinishing
Course Number: 10-405-118
Description: 10-405-118 INTRO TO AUTO REFINISHING ...this course introduces the learner to automotive refinishing. Topics discussed include automotive paints, personal and shop safety, environmental regulations, refinishing equipment operation and maintenance, spray gun set-up and transfer efficiencies, and vehicle detailing. Competencies of this course will be delivered using NWTC props.
Total Credits: 3
Prior Learning Assessments
- 1. Define OSHA and EPA regulations.
- 2. Use personal safety equipment.
- 3. Define the characteristics and chemical actions of automotive refinishing products.
- 4. Operate common spray environment equipment.
- 5. Perform spray gun operations..
- 6. Demonstrate ways to optimize refinishing product transfer efficiency.
- 7. Perform maintenance on spray equipment.
- 8. Identify finish defects and their causes.
- 9. Repair finish surfaces with detailing.