Intro to Collision Repair
Course Number: 10-405-116
Description: 10-405-116 INTRO TO COLLISION REPAIR ...this course introduces the learner to the collision repair industry. Topics discussed include professionalism, safety, industry terminology, and the use of basic hand and power tools and equipment. This course also allows the learner the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge of sheet metal characteristics and straightening techniques. Competencies of this course will be delivered using NWTC props.
Total Credits: 3
Prior Learning Assessments
- Demonstrate professionalism appropriate for the collision repair industry.
- Identify industry employment opportunities.
- Perform safety and pollution prevention measures.
- Summarize collision repair facility operation.
- Define industry training requirements.
- Demonstrate the use of common collision repair tools.
- Identify materials used for vehicle construction.
- Describe sheet metal characteristics.
- Straighten sheet metal to contour.