Collision Refinishing Surface Preparations
Course Number: 10-405-107
Description: 10-405-107 COLLISION REFINISHING SURFACE PREPARATIONS ...planning the refinishing process including substrate identification, paint and rust removal, panel cleaning, selecting proper sandpaper, sanding techniques, vehicle protection, masking techniques, selecting and applying the correct undercoats, and corrosion protection products and usage. (Prerequisite: 10-405-118 Intro to Auto Refinishing)
Total Credits: 2
Prior Learning Assessments
- Demonstrate professionalism appropriate for the auto service industry
- Clean entire vehicle to be refinished.
- Identify a damaged finish that may require partial or complete removal.
- Abrade surface following the refinishing product maker's procedures.
- Identify the different types of undercoats and their purpose.
- Apply masking materials and other vehicle protectants.
- Apply various types of undercoats.