ECE: Child Development
Course Number: 10-307-179
Description: 10-307-179 ECE: CHILD DEVELOPMENT...child development in the early childhood education setting. Social, cultural, and economic influences on child development; child development theories; development of children age three to eight; child development research; heredity and environment.
Total Credits: 3
Prior Learning Assessments
- Integrate strategies that support diversity, cultural responsiveness, and anti-bias perspectives.
- Analyze social, cultural, and economic influences on child development.
- Summarize child development theories.
- Analyze development of children ages three through five.
- Analyze development of children ages five through eight.
- Relate child development research findings to teaching practice.
- Analyze the role of heredity and the environment.
- Examine the role of brain development in early learning (ages 3-8).
- Examine developmental and environmental assessment strategies for children ages 3-8.