Scriptwriting & Preproduction
Course Number: 10-206-180
Description: 10-206-180 SCRIPTWRITING & PREPRODUCTION ...research and development of writing for broadcast (traditional and web) and pre-produced media. Script based production planning including budgeting, scheduling, storyboarding and logistics planning. Legal matters including copyright, talent and location releases.
Total Credits: 3
- Analyze writing for traditional and new media outlets
- Develop written copy for traditional and online distribution
- Determine target audience idiosyncrasies
- Establish story context and plot
- Prepare essential screenplay elements
- Develop characters and dialog
- Create storyboards for visualizing production
- Perform script analysis for production
- Prepare production schedules
- Manage budgeting conditions
- Establish equipment needs
Course details are from the 2021-2022 academic year and are subject to change after 5/23/2022.