Lean Six Sigma
Course Number: 10182114
10-182-114 LEAN SIX SIGMA ...develop a general awareness of Lean Six Sigma: what it is, why it matters, what makes it successful. This course provides an overview of Six Sigma concepts and language and an introduction to the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) process improvement cycle. This course will prepare you to take the green belt six sigma certification. (Corequisite: 10-182-112, Lean Manufacturing)
Course Typically Offered
Length of Course
- Less than 8 weeks
- Discuss the lean six-sigma process improvement method.
- Examine the Define phase as the first step in problem investigation.
- Examine the Measure phase to establish a project baseline (process performance, development, and meaningful measurement systems).
- Examine the Analyze phase to identify critical factors of a good product or service, and the root causes of defects or a problem.
- Examine the Improve phase to develop, select, and implement best solutions and KPI's.
- Examine the Control phase to ensure sustainment of the proposed solutions.