Course Number: 10101184
10-101-184 BUSINESS FINANCE/BUDGETING ...fiscal and monetary aspects of business. Each learner will demonstrate application of business types, cycles, forecasting, budgeting, expense control, and financial statement interpretation relevant to the supervisor as a non-accountant. (Prerequisite: 10-804-134, Mathematical Reasoning)
Course Typically Offered
- Summarize the basic financial concepts
- Explore the functions of management and how it relates to small business.
- Apply fundamental accounting practices.
- Prepare basic financial statements
- Calculate key ratios based on financial statements
- Identify financial trends given historical information
- Analyze the effects on the financial statements implementing various cash
- Calculate profitability, profit and break-even to determine if our business will be profitable.
- Summarize the proper management of working capital.
- List and explain the capital budgeting five-step process.
- Identify risk exposure and use those methods for business and personal financial security.