Your voice matters! NWTC wants to hear about your college experiences on our campuses and in our classrooms.
Marinette Area Higher Education Coalition
NWTC Marinette and UW-Green Bay, Marinette Campus
Did you know Marinette and Menominee area residents can now earn a variety of credentials locally – from short-term certificates to master’s degrees?
Diverse programs in skilled trades, health care, business, the arts, engineering, science, social services, and many more career fields are located right here in Marinette!
It’s all possible through the Marinette Area Higher Education Coalition, a collaboration between NWTC Marinette and University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, Marinette Campus. The Coalition is our commitment to the region to serve our communities with a wide range of educational and cultural experiences.
What are the benefits for students?
Bachelor’s Degree Options
- Do you see a bachelor’s degree in your future? Through the Coalition, you can seamlessly transfer NWTC credits and some associate degrees into UW-Green Bay bachelor’s degree programs. See what bachelor’s degrees you can earn or how you can get started on one through an associate’s degree right here in Marinette.
Access to Classes at Both Campuses
- Taking classes at both campuses is easy thanks to the cross-trained advisors who are here to help create a seamless experience for you.
Open Student Activities
- Students are encouraged to participate in activities, clubs, and events at both campuses. Join in the fun and get involved!
- Together, we offer affordable tuition rates lower than most regional and online options. Plus, with savings on room and board, scholarships, and financial aid, students save money as they work alongside highly experienced faculty with real-world experience.
This dynamic, hands-on learning environment includes individualized attention, research opportunities, and flexible class schedules to help prepare students for careers of the future.
Shared Library Resources
- Students may use the library at either campus to check out and return books and materials, use computers and printers, study, and ask library staff for assistance with research. Learn more about the shared library resources.
The future of education and our local economy is looking bright thanks to the Marinette Area Higher Education Coalition. Recent high-school graduates and those adults seeking a career change have a great opportunity waiting for them as this partnership will provide affordable, flexible, and increased access to learning opportunities, skilled training, and degree options right here in our local community.
This educational partnership is not only a wonderful opportunity for the individual students who enroll, but also for everyone who lives and works in our area. The highly-skilled talent the Marinette Area Higher Education Coalition creates is essential to help fuel our local economy. I am very pleased that our two area higher education facilities are working closely together to enhance our local community.