About the Utilities and Energy Coordination Network
NWTC is leading the Utilities and Energy Coordination Network's (UCEN) efforts. Building on over 100 years of fostering partnerships to provide educational and training opportunities for the development of a skilled workforce, NWTC has one of the widest varieties of utility-related programming in the Midwest. Focusing on Electrical Power Distribution, Gas Utility Construction and Service, Solar Energy, and Telecommunications Tower and Fiber Optic Technology. The College is also home to several Apprenticeship programs including Lineworker, Metering, and Substation Apprenticeships.
The goal of the UCEN is to give education, industry, and professional organizations a platform to share resources and form partnerships that will lead to expanded training opportunities across the country. Contact Trades@NWTC.edu for more information.
- Adams–Columbia Electric Cooperative
- Algoma Utility Commission
- Alliant Energy
- Arch Electric
- Advanced Technology Environmental and Energy Center (ATEEC)
- August Winter & Sons
- Automated Energy Solutions, Inc.
- AY McDonald
- Barton Community College
- Black Hills Energy
- Building Efficiency for a Sustainable Tomorrow (BEST)
- Cathodic Protection Management, Inc.
- Cedarburg Light & Water Cooperative
- Center for Energy Workforce Development (CEWD)
- Central Wisconsin Electric Cooperative
- Centuri Group, Inc.
- CESA 10 Focus on Energy
- Chippewa Valley Technical College
- City of Two Rivers
- CREATE - Center for Renewable Energy Advanced Technological Education
- Dairyland Power Co-op
- Danville Community College
- Distribution Contractors Assoc. (DCA)
- Eagle River Light & Water Utility
- Eland Electric
- Electric Builders, Inc.
- Energis High Voltage Resources
- Ethos Distributed Solutions
- Franklin Energy
- Frontier Community College
- Gateway Technical College
- GDS Associates, Inc.
- Greentech Renewables
- Gresham Utilities
- Henkels & McCoy
- Holtger Bros., Inc.
- Houston Community College
- Integrys Group
- InterCon Construction, Inc.
- Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC)
- Jefferson Utilities
- JR Underground
- K-12 Energy Education Program (KEEP)
- Kaukauna Utilities
- KS Energy Services
- Lakeshore Technical College
- Madison College
- Madison Gas & Electric
- Madison Solar Consulting
- Magnolia River
- Mears Group
- Menasha Utilities
- Michels Power. Inc.
- Midwest Energy Association (MEA)
- Midwest Renewable Energy Association (MREA)
- Midwest Tribal Energy Resources Assoc.
- Milwaukee Area Technical College
- Minnesota State Energy Center of Excellence
- Missouri Valley JATC
- MJ Electric
- Necessary Skills Now Network
- New London Utility Commission
- Northeast Community College
- Ogeechee Technical College
- Richmond Community College
- River View Construction Inc.
- Rock Energy Cooperative
- ROI Energy Investments, LLC
- Schneider Electric
- Sheboygan Falls Utility
- Tulsa Community College
- Upper Peninsula Power Company
- UW-Stevens Point
- Waunakee Utilities
- WE Energies
- WI Association of Energy Engineers (WAEE)
- Wisconsin Dells Water and Light
- Wisconsin Energy Institution
- WI K-12 Energy Educators Program (KEEP)
- Wisconsin Public Service
- Wisconsin Rapids Water Works & Lighting Commission
Terms and Disclaimers
National Science Foundation Disclaimer
Support for this work was provided by the National Science Foundation's Advanced Technological Education (ATE) program under Award No. 2000519. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
NWTC provides the Utilities and Energy Coordination Network website as a service to educators, administrators, industry, students, and the public. NWTC makes reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the information contained on this website. NWTC does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. NWTC expressly disclaims all responsibility and liability for any damages of any kind, directly or indirectly, related to the use of, references to, or reliance on any information contained in this website.
Although the NWTC website may include links providing access to other internet resources, including third party websites, NWTC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained in these sites. In addition, NWTC expressly disclaims all responsibility and liability for any damages of any kind, directly or indirectly, relating to the use of, references to, or reliance on any information contained in such websites.
The views and opinions expressed on any third party website, including those websites that are linked to the NWTC website, do not present or reflect the views or opinions of NWTC.
NWTC has adopted a Creative Commons License. The content on this website is made freely available under a Creative Commons Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share Alike license (CC BY-NC-SA). Information about the Creative Commons License and Permissions can be found at the link below and should be consulted if you intend to copy and redistribute this material in any medium or format, or adapt, remix, transform, or build upon this material.
From Creative Commons:
This is a human-readable summary of (and not a substitute for) the license and disclaimer.
You are free to:
Share— copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt— remix, transform, and build upon the material
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
Attribution— You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonCommercial— You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
ShareAlike— If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.