Want to build a strong financial future? Start now!
Do you need help with a basic budget or understanding your student loans?
Financial Coaching Resources include:
- Paying for College options
- Internal and external scholarship resources
- Financial Literacy events including Money Smart Week and Game of Life
- Basic budgeting and credit repair resources
- Student Care Packages (Limited supplies of shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant)
- Assistance understanding your Financial Aid Award
- Certified Financial Coach through NEWCAP (partnered with NWTC) available to meet with students free of charge.
Check out our upcoming workshops!
NWTC has won the 2017 Community College Financial Empowerment Award, sponsored by OneMain Financial.
CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING RESOURCES:
CONSUMER FINANCIAL PROTECTION BUREAU - consumerfinance.gov
MR. MONEY MUSTACHE - mrmoneymustache.com
Student Loan Repayment
Community Referral Options
Referrals to Budgeting Resources
- CATHOLIC CHARITIES - Budgeting and bankruptcy at Green Bay and Manitowoc locations - newcatholiccharities.org/personal-finance
- NEWCAP INC. - newcap.org/program_category/stability/ Counties served: Brown, Florence, Forest, Langlade, Marinette, Menominee, Oconto, Oneida, Shawano, Vilas The Financial Capabilities Program, within NEWCAP, INC., assists participants with a wide array of financial counseling and coaching services to develop a comprehensive budget to understand their entire financial picture. This includes the cost to live month to month, to identify all income sources and debt obligations, and to develop a strategy to eliminate debts and achieve their goals. If you are interested in an appointment with NEWCAP, Inc. please contact NWTC Student Support Services at 920-498-6258 or email@example.com.
- NEIGHBORWORKS - Housing counseling nwgreenbay.org
- MINT - Student can download and use this budget and tracking app for FREE - mint.com
- EVERY DOLLAR - Another FREE budget phone app - everydollar.com
- BUDGET PLANNER BOOKS - Download FREE from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) - consumerfinance.gov
- Check your credit report for FREE with no harm to your credit -
Student Support Services
- To report identity theft - Federal Trace Commission - ftc.gov
- Student Support Services responds to student barriers by providing non-academic support and access to resources to help students succeed. SSS is dedicated to assisting students achieve success through targeted support service programs outside of the NWTC Classroom. Services offered;
- Childcare Community Resources: monetary support for parents
- Community Resources: legal aid, medical insurance, housing/homelessness issues
- Financial Coaching Resources: paying for college options, internal and external scholarship resources, basic budgeting and credit repair resources, student care packages (shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant), financial literacy events and assistance understanding your Financial Aid award.
- Shared Harvest Food Pantry: receive 1 bag of groceries per week, referrals to local food pantry's and FoodShare application
- Housing/Homelessness support: assist students with finding and securing stable housing options
- Pencil Box: basic school supplies for those in need
- Student Emergency Fund: short-term financial assistance for unplanned emergencies
- Financial Aid Advisors are available to current and prospective students who need assistance with the financial aid process. Financial aid consists of student loans, federal and state grants, and work-study. Financial Aid Advisors help students make informed choices when applying and accepting their financial aid. They are also available to help students understand the requirements for maintaining their satisfactory academic progress. Financial Aid Advisors are available on all campuses and regional learning centers. To make an appointment, please select your divisions advisor and click on the schedule online link or contact your local or regional learning center.
- Student Account Specialists in the Student Finance department are available to current and prospective students to help them understand their options for paying for college. The Account Specialists educate students about tuitions/fees, WTCS refund policy, tuition due dates, and third party funding sources. Students have access to a personal financial portal, My.Financials, where they can view account activity, view ebills, make payments and signup for payment plans. Account Specialists are available to students via phone, email, or in person at the NWTC Green Bay campus.
Student Support Services | 920-498-6258, 800-422-NWTC | firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Aid | 920-498-5444 | email@example.com