NWTC Student Ambassador Program
By participating in the Student Ambassador Program, you will be part of a select group of trained and informed students who will represent the college at significant events and activities and serve as a resource for new and prospective students. You will be required to attend recruitment events such as College Preview Night. In addition, you will be asked to attend Student Services events aimed at promoting opportunities at the college.
- Give campus tours
- Assist with special events such as job fairs, transfer fairs, recruitment events, etc
- Attend trainings, retreats and orientations for the Student Ambassador program
- Serve as a positive role model for new students
- Contribute and interact positively and persuasively with new and prospective students
- Are knowledgeable about NWTC services and programs in order to provide referrals for new and prospective students
- Serve as a peer advisor and resource person for fellow students.
- Have a 2.75 GPA or better and maintain this while in the program.
- Be in good academic, financial, and disciplinary standing.
- Must have at least 2 semesters prior to graduating.
- Enrolled in a program at NWTC in a minimum of six units per semester.
- Be interested in developing leadership, public speaking, and event coordination experience.
- Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Reliable, flexible and punctual. Available to work on occasional evenings and weekends.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team and facilitate group discussions and present to small and large groups of people within a diverse population.
- Enjoy assisting others and contributing to their success.
Requirements to stay in the program:
**All Student Ambassadors must be available to attend program training sessions. Times and dates TBA
- Attend bi-weekly meetings (one hour commitment).
- Participate in campus events such as Welcome Week Orientation, Quick Start, and Open Houses,
- Conduct divisional tours during all campus recruitment events.
- Assist with college Career Fairs.
- Participate in Ask an Ambassador and new student mentoring.
- Hold two office hours per week.
What’s in it for me?
- $9.60/hour for most activities
- Leadership opportunity
- Letter of recommendation
- Visibility to employers
- Professional development/training