Graduation Ceremony Let's celebrate your hard work and achievements together
Green Bay Graduation
Monday, December 18, 2023 | 6:00 p.m.
820 Armed Forces Dr, Green Bay, WI 54304
Live Stream Graduation
Free Admission - No tickets required and no limit to number of guests
Preparing for Graduation
Graduation Eligibility and Honors
To graduate you must have completed an application and received an acceptance letter for the program from which you wish to graduate.
- You must have completed all the classes published in the program's curriculum with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better ("C" average). Additional classes taken outside the program's required classes are not used to calculate the cumulative GPA for the program.
- You must fulfill all financial obligations to NWTC before you can receive a diploma or transcript.
- When final grades are posted and you have successfully completed all classes, we will post degree information to your transcript. You will then receive your diploma in the mail 4-6 weeks after the end of your final semester. If you still have not received your diploma after that time, please contact Enrollment Services at 920-498-5444.
Graduation with Honors
To qualify for honors recognition at the graduation ceremony, you must meet the following requirements:
Honors: Program GPA of 3.5 to 3.74
Highest Honors: Program GPA of 3.75 to 4.00
- Graduation honors will be evaluated based on completed program coursework at the time of the commencement booklet deadline. This honor will be indicated in the commencement booklet and by honors cords worn at the ceremony.
- Students applying after the commencement booklet deadline will be evaluated based on completed program coursework at the time the graduation application is received. These graduates will not have their names in the booklet, but can wear honors cords at the ceremony, if applicable.
- Certificates that are less than 15 credits are not eligible for honors.
At the end of the final semester, a program GPA will be recalculated and, if applicable, honors notations will be posted along with degree completion information to a successful graduate's official NWTC transcript. Graduation honors are calculated based off of your program GPA, not your overall college GPA.
To check if your program GPA qualifies: Visit My Program Courses in the My.NWTC Student Portal. Your program GPA will be found under "Enroll in Class".
If you have questions regarding your honor calculation: Contact Enrollment Services at 920-498-5444.
Complete the Application
During your last semester, you will receive an email from Enrollment Services that says you have completed or are enrolled in all the necessary classes to complete your degree. If you wish to participate in the Commencement ceremony complete the Application to Graduate.
Attend the GB Campus Grad Recognition
The Grad Recognition event is held in early April for May Commencement and early November for December Commencement. You'll have a chance to win a free cap & gown, receive a gift, and celebrate with a sweet treat!
Order your Cap and Gown
Commencement caps, gowns, pins, stoles and more are available at the NWTC Bookstore. Early Bird Sale is November 7th, 8th, and 9th. During this time, Full Cap and Gown will only be $5!
- Cap, Gown & Tassel Cost: $10 - Online orders: $7 shipping fee when shipped to you (Additional items within the same order $1/item).
- Tassel only: $4.99+tax
- Phi Theta Kappa stole: $26+tax
If you are graduating with honors, a veteran or currently serving, the cost of your cords will be covered by Student Government.
Photos and Video
Empire Photography has been photographing our commencement ceremonies for many years. Each graduate is photographed as they receive their diploma, and a solo portrait is also taken before they cross the stage. Proofs will be sent to graduates and their families. Preregister your email address to receive your free proofs quickly. Your commencement is a once-in-a-lifetime moment so don't miss out! If you have any questions, please email Empire Photography at customer email@example.com
All commencement ceremonies are recorded and streamed in real time for family and friends who could not attend.
Previous Green Bay Commencement Ceremony Programs
Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Download the Program (PDF)
Parking at the Resch Center
Ceremony Instructions for Graduates & Guests
Green Bay Graduates
- A practice ceremony will not be held.
- Come dressed in your cap and gown.
- Enter through the main door at the Resch Center. You will be directed to the graduate line-up area.
- Once at the line-up area, visit the check-in tables when you arrive. You will receive your marching card and be directed to line up by program.
- Line-up begins at 5:00 p.m. Please be prompt.
- Leave your personal belongings with a guest before entering the line-up area.
- Remain seated for the duration of the ceremony.
- Pre-register for your photo proofs.
- Tickets are not required for entry, and there is no limit to the number of guests who attend.
- Enter through the main door at the Resch Center
*Be sure to arrive early.
- Roses will be available for purchase at $5 each.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact NWTC Student Involvement.