We all face challenges at one time or another in our academic and personal lives. Our licensed professional counselors can assist you with addressing the obstacles.
What are the issues that are Common to Students?
- Mood Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Test Anxiety
- Attention Concerns
- Motivation Issues
- Post-traumatic Stress
- Relationship Difficulties
- Parenting Concerns
- Career Indecision
- Conflict Management
These are just some of the issues that are regularly treated by the counselors at NWTC
When Should You See a Counselor?
- If you feel like your academic progress is slipping and you need some help.
- If you feel overwhelmed and it is difficult to stay focused on your academics.
- When you feel like you need support in coping with a personal problem.
How We Can Help
Counseling Services provides confidential, one-on-one meetings for students who are enrolled in at least 3 credits per semester.
- Sessions are typically scheduled weekly, until the issue is resolved.
- Ongoing counseling is scheduled at a time that is convenient for the student, with both day and evening hours available.
- There is no cost to the student and it is confidential.
- All full time counselors at NWTC have many years of experience counseling. All are licensed by the State of Wisconsin as professional counselors (LPC) and have at least a masters degree. Occasionally, NWTC Counseling Services will serve as a training site for students completing their masters degree and/or licensure requirements to become a counselor. You will be informed whenever a trainee is either observing or providing treatment and you have the right to specify a provider of your choice.
Informed Consent (PDF)
- Access the document that is reviewed at the first session that outlines the counseling process.