NWTC Celebrates Spring 2023 Graduates
These graduating students are expected to have concluded their studies between January 1 and May 17, 2023. Some of the facts about this class include:
- Nearly 2,100 students (from all three campuses and five regional centers) are candidates for graduation.
- About 50% will receive degrees with honors or high honors.
- 135 are graduating as Phi Theta Kappa members, which is a National Honor Society of two-year colleges.
- 12 countries are represented by the College’s international students.
- Over 60 are veterans of our United States Armed Forces.
“It is a rewarding moment to watch our graduates as they enter professions that enrich their lives and community,” said NWTC President, Dr. Jeff Rafn. “This life-changing accomplishment is a reflection of their dedication and talent. Behind them, stand hundreds of faculty, staff, family, and friends who share in their goals to pursue sustainable careers with passion.”
Each campus will celebrate its 2023 spring commencement ceremony at the following locations:
- (Green Bay) 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 17 at the Resch Center.
- (Marinette) 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 18 at the Marinette Community REC Center.
- (Sturgeon Bay) 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 16 at the Sturgeon Bay Campus.
Dr. Rafn will be delivering the final commencement speech at the Green Bay Campus ceremony. This marks his last graduating class as he will be retiring after serving and College and community for 26 years. Educating nearly one million students during his tenure, Dr. Rafn’s initiatives toward innovation, access, and equity have transformed the 111-year-old institution on the highest collegiate level.
To learn more about the spring commencement ceremony and other graduation news, visit www.nwtc.edu/student-experience/student-involvement/commencement-ceremony.
National Recognition of Programs That Are Making a Difference for All Underrepresented Groups in the Fields of STEM