Start College Now
Start College Now provides greater learning opportunities for qualified high school juniors and seniors. If you wish to begin college early, or want to prepare to enter the workforce immediately after high school graduation, you will be interested in Start College Now.
This program will allow students the opportunity to take post-secondary (college courses) at NWTC during the regular academic year. Students do not pay for these classes if your high school board determines the classes are not comparable to classes offered by the high school. If approved by the high school board, the student will receive both high school and post-secondary credit for successfully completed classes.
Who Is Eligible For Start College Now?
Start College Now program is available to public high school students in grades 11 and 12 who meet the following requirements:
- Have completed the 10th grade.
- Are in good academic standing and have no disciplinary/enrollment issues.
- Apply to their local school board by March 1 for the fall semester and October 1 for the spring semester.
How Do I Start?
- Meet with your high school counselor to discuss your career plans and determine if enrolling in college courses through the Start College Now program is right for you.
- To apply for the program, students should complete the program application and submit it to the local school board by the required due date.
- You must obtain your parent or guardian's signature on the application.
- The signed forms with approved classes listed MUST be submitted to NWTC by May 15 for the fall semester or November 15 for the spring semester.
- Once the application is approved by the local school board and forwarded to the NWTC, the student will be informed of the process for registration at orientation. In order to register for a requested course, the student must meet course requirements, prerequisites, and there must be space available in the course after admitting all other students through regular course enrollment.
What Class Choices Are Available?
You will find many choices available on all three campuses, through Distance Learning (Web-conference) and the Internet.
Any Associate Degree or Technical Diploma course may be taken, as long as all prerequisites and corequisite requirements are met.
The Start College Now Program is offered through the Green Bay, Marinette and Sturgeon Bay Campuses and all NWTC Regional Learning Centers.
- Start College Now Checklist
- Start College Now FAQs
- Start College Now & Distance Learning Application
- Start College Now Orientation Presentation
- Start College Now Brochure - Parent
- SCN - Nursing Assistant Pre-Enrollment Timeline
- 2022-2023 Distance Learning Course List
- 2023-2024 Distance Learning Course List
- K12 Withdrawal Form
- Blackboard User Guide