Personal Fitness Trainer Certification
Become certified as a personal fitness trainer and be a part of what ABC News.com calls one of the hottest jobs in the U.S.
World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.) and NWTC has come together to offer a personal trainer course. The W.I.T.S. online personal trainer course is a SELF-PACED program with short, impactful online videos to be a successful personal trainer in the fitness industry.
Our lessons will help you with key core topics to learn how the body functions under the stresses of exercise. Topics include anatomy, biomechanics, exercise physiology, fitness testing, health assessment, nutrition, exercise prescription, equipment usage, special populations, legal and safety issues.
The practical skill online labs are packed with insightful VIDEO drills that you can duplicate to master the skill set. Your BONUS test vouchers ($450 value) for the NCCA Accreditation national exams are included and a must for employers.
Upon completion of the course and exam you will become a WITS Certified Personal Trainer and also be recognized as a NCCA Accredited Personal Trainer.
Get a Level 2 Certified Personal Trainer by completing an employer mentored 30-hour internship.
Who Should Enroll:
- Fitness enthusiasts, coaches, college students in the field, massage therapists or anyone seeking a new career in the health and fitness industry
- Understand and describe basic anatomy, kinesiology and exercise physiology
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness using ACSM guidelines
- Design and customize exercise programs
- Demonstrate proper execution of resistance, cardio-respiratory and flexibility exercises
- Identify and demonstrate at least one strength exercise for every major muscle group
- Explain ACSM and AHA recommendations for cardiovascular exercise
- Minimum 18 Years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
For more information please visit the W.I.T.S website.
Date: Saturdays: June 19 - July 24, 2021
National Certification testing on TBD (test voucher included)
Date: June 19 - July 24, 2021 • Online
- Lecture #51017 | 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Practical #51019 | 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Students MUST register for BOTH the lecture and the practical per course
Cost: $750 plus required textbook.
Textbook: Can be purchased in the NWTC bookstore or online.
Required Textbook: Fitness Professionals handbook-7th edition ISBN# 9781492523376. By Edward Howley
Note: CPR/AED is needed to receive the certificate. Students must register separately for the CPR/AED courses at a separate cost. A schedule of these courses can be found on the NWTC website by clicking on FIND a CLASS and searching the keyword "CPR"
How to Register:
1.) Visit https://www.nwtc.edu/admissions/take-a-class
2.) Click on the appropriate button:
Log in and Search Classes (If you have an NWTC log in make this selection)
Search Classes as a Guest (If you do not have an NWTC log in make this selection)
3.) Select the correct term from the drop down
4.) Search by either the 5-digit class number or by the course title
5.) Click the ‘View Classes’ button
6.) Select the class you want to attend and finish the registration process - OR - Call (920) 498-5444