Shrimp Guacamole Appetizer
FOR THE MARINADE
FOR THE APPETIZER
- 1TABLESPOON OLIVE OIL
- 1/2TEASPOON GARLIC POWDER
- 1/2TEASPOON CUMIN GROUND
- 1/2TEASPOON CHILI POWDER
- PINCH CAYENNE PEPPER OPTIONAL
- 1 POUND MEDIUM SHRIMP RINSED, PEELED AND DEVEINED
- 1-2 TABLESPOONS LIME JUICE
- 1/4 CUP CILANTRO FINELY CHOPPED (OPTIONAL)
TORTILLA CHIPS OR FOR A TWIST, TRY SLICED CUCUMBERS
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients of the marinade. Add the shrimp and toss to make sure they’re well covered with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cook the shrimp in a large pan on medium high heat for about 3-5 minutes or until they’re pink and opaque. Remove from heat, place them in a medium bowl, add the lime juice, toss and let them cool completely. Once cooled, add the cilantro.
- To assemble the appetizers, place about 2 teaspoons of guacamole on each chip and then place a single shrimp on the guacamole. Serve immediately.
THE BEST GUACAMOLE!
Truly the BEST guacamole recipe! It’s quick and easy to make, naturally gluten-free and vegan, and always the hit of a party.