Supporting Children's Learning - Certificate
This certificate is designed to further the professional development needs of anyone preparing for, or already engaged in, a paraeducator or educational paraprofessional position. The coursework in this certificate program addresses methods for assisting in the instruction, guidance, and classroom management of students by performing a variety of instructional support activities related to grade level curriculum. Integrating current technology into the learning environment is also introduced. All courses transfer to the Foundations of Teacher Education Associate Degree.
Program Costs & Financial Aid
Tuition: $2,360, Books: $120, Supplies: $0
Estimates based on in-state residency. Learn more about tuition and fees.
Follow Your Path
All credits from this certificate apply toward the following associate degree(s):
Foundations of Teacher Education, 105222
All credits from this certificate apply toward the following technical diploma(s):
How do I get started in this program?
Requirements for Certificate Entry
- Completed application for certificate
What are my courses?
- Curriculum Note: Students must earn a "C" or higher in all 10-522-XXX courses to successfully graduate the Supporting Children's Learning Certificate. A student must repeat the particular course with a "C" or better final grade to continue in or graduate from this program. If the course is sequential, the successful retake must occur before continuing the sequence.
Classes wherever you have an internet connection.
- An in-person career experience, such as an internship, practicum, or credit for prior learning, may be required.
- Some online courses may be held at specific dates/times.
- Classes between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Classes between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
- A combination of online classes and Saturday and/or Sunday classes.
- 12 or more credits per term.
- Fewer than 12 credits per term.