Law Enforcement Physical Readiness Standard
The Department of Justice requires all Law Enforcement students - Academy and Certification Track - to pass two fitness tests.
- The pre-fitness test must be completed within 180 days of the first day of the Academy, or for Associate Degree students, before the first day of the second semester.
- Students must turn in a copy of the pre-test completion certificate to the Public Safety Office before the designated deadline.
- A student will have as many opportunities as available to participate in the full fitness pre-test.
- Failure of one event in the test will result in a failure of the whole test.
- The post-exam is covered in class at the end of the program.
- Students who fail the post-exam are allowed one retake opportunity. Failure of the retake results in failure of the program.
- The Department of Justice has provided a video of how each event of the fitness test is completed. View the video here: https://vimeo.com/195826724
|Event||1.5 Mile Run||300 Meter Run||Push-Ups|
1 min Sit-Ups
|Vertical Jump||Agility Run|
|20m 20s||82 sec||18||24||11.5 in||23.4 sec|
|Post-Test Min||16m 57s||68 sec||23||30||14 in||19.5 sec|
Where to take the Fitness Pre-Exam:
- NWTC offers set dates and times for students to participate in the fitness pre-exam. Other approved locations are listed within https://wilenet.widoj.gov/training-standards/officer-training-employment-and-reciprocity
- All attempts of the fitness pre-test are paid for by the student.