Course Number: 10-152-185
10-152-185 WEBSITE CODING ...create code for generating the structure, function, and design of static websites using standards-based HTML5 and CSS3; validate code; test multi-browser and multi-device functionality.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
Credit for Prior Learning
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
- IT Technology Support Specialist - Associate Degree
- IT Technology Support Technician - Technical Diploma
- IT Web Programmer - Technical Diploma
- Software Developer - Associate Degree
- Web Design - Certificate
- Web Design Technician - Technical Diploma
- Web Development - Associate Degree
- Web Programmer - Certificate
What will I learn?
- Create a web page containing basic HTML elements.
- Create hyperlinks among web pages
- Use web standards to organize a site
- Evaluate best practices for web design
- Use CSS to affect the presentation layer of a website
- Incorporate optimized-for-web graphics to web pages.
- Position elements using CSS
- Develop a structured and styled table for tabular data
- Create an HTML form allowing user interactivity
- Add media and interactivity to a web page
- Use progressive enhancements in relation to CSS3 and HTML5 capabilities
- Publish a website