Management of HIM Resources
Course Number: 10-530-167
10-530-167 MANAGEMENT OF HIM RESOURCES ...examines the principles of management to include planning, organizing, human resource management, directing, and controlling as related to the health information department (Prerequisites: 10-530-162, Foundations of HIM)
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
What will I learn?
- INVESTIGATE leadership and management theory
- DEMONSTRATE strategic and operational planning functions of management
- ANALYZE policies and procedures to assure departmental and organizational compliance with regulations and standards
- APPLY work analysis and design strategies to efficient, cost-effective work flows
- APPLY project management strategies
- MANAGE financial resources
- CONDUCT departmental organizing and scheduling activities
- CONDUCT human resource management activities
- COMPLY with local, state, federal labor regulations
- CREATE programs and policies that support a culture of diversity