Course Number: 10-111-161
10-111-161 ILLUSTRATOR FUNDAMENTALS ...develop basic knowledge and skills using Adobe Illustrator, apply vector graphic strategies into graphic design medias and integration into other software packages. Course content covers creating basic shapes, drawing, transforming elements, working with type, blending, layers and special effects.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
Credit for Prior Learning
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
What will I learn?
- Demonstrate selection techniques using application tools and menu commands.
- Utilize appropriate shape tools to create vector graphic elements.
- Use type tools to create vector text elements.
- Create seamless vector patterns.
- Differentiate pathfinder functions when building vector graphics.
- Deliver vector files meeting defined industry standards.
- Demonstrate transform tool functions in vector graphics.
- Apply color attributes to vector content.
- Define file setup standards based on project specifications.