HVAC/R Refrigeration & Air Cond. Systems
Course Number: 10601113
10-601-113 HVAC/R REFRIGERATION/AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS ...residential/light commercial refrigeration and air conditioning system analysis, start-up, service, repair and troubleshooting using industry standard tools and techniques, evacuation, recovery, charging techniques, Federal certification preparation. (Prerequisites: 10-601-111, HVAC/R Electrical Fundamentals; 10-601-133, HVAC/R Refrigeration Fundamentals)
Course Typically Offered
- Analyze the operation of the equipment used for recovery, recycling and reclaiming refrigerant.
- Recover a refrigeration system to EPA levels.
- Select filter driers and sight glasses.
- Leaktest a refrigeration system using various industry methods.
- Evacuate and charge a basic capillary tube refrigeration system.
- Evacuate and charge a basic TXV refrigeration system.
- Analyze a refrigeration system using a pressure enthalpy diagram.
- Troubleshoot a basic capillary tube refrigeration system.
- Troubleshoot a basic TXV refrigeration system
- Explain the operation of the popular compressors used in the HVAC/R Industry
- Explain the operation of a basic residential heating and cooling system.
- Pump down/recover a central air conditioning system.
- Leaktest a central air conditioning system.
- Charge a central air conditioning system using the manufacturers information.
- Troubleshoot a central air conditioning system.