Course Number: 10-101-151
10-101-151 ACCOUNTING-PAYROLL ...payroll and personnel records, social security, withholding tax, unemployment compensation, time sheets and time-keeping records, and legal aspects of payroll. (Prerequisite: 10-101-110, Accounting 1)
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
What will I learn?
- Explain the need for payroll and personnel records and the confidentiality in which they must be kept.
- Describe the importance of efficiency in keeping records in order to compute gross payroll for multiple pay methods.
- Demonstrate the computation of Social Security taxes and the necessary forms to report to government agencies.
- Demonstrate the computation of withholding taxes and the necessary forms to report to government agencies.
- Demonstrate the computation of unemployment payroll taxes and the necessary forms to report to government agencies.
- Journalize payroll transactions and prepare the necessary reports.
- Complete manual payroll system using Excel spreadsheet.
- Complete and reconcile the quarter and year end Excel payroll reports