Carpenters are generally the most numerous and the occupation, therefore, is considered the key skill in the building trades. New machinery, materials and techniques have decreased the number of carpenter hours required for the average construction project, allowing each individual to produce more in the same amount of time.
A carpenter will: study blueprints, work-sketches, plans and specifications to determine the types of materials and dimensions of the structure to be built; select specified sizes of lumber and building materials to be used; measure and mark proper positions and sizes of materials for use; use measuring instruments like rulers, builders levels, framing squares, calipers and compasses; erect all types of wooden structures; may be required to and must know how to estimate job costs, maintain time records, requisition materials and equipment, inspect and approve carpentry work plus direct other workers.
- Construction Millwright
- Resilient Floor Specialty
- Interior Systems
Apprenticeship Administrative Assistant
Toll-free: 1-800-422-NWTC, ext 5682
What are the qualifications?
Qualifications for Apprenticeship
- Education: High school diploma or GED® certificate (submit copy)
- Age: 18 or high school graduate at 17, no maximum
- Test: Carpenters Math Test (timed, 2-hr. test, no calculator)
- License: Valid driver's license (submit copy)
- Completed application
Length of Contract
- 4 years of not less than 6,240 hours
- OJT - 5,840 hours of work with a skilled craftsperson as per Exhibit "A"
- Paid-related instruction (day) - 400 hours and successful completion of class material
- Non-paid related instruction (night) - 120 hours (80% attendance of each class to receive credit)
(Example: First Aid/CPR; OSHA; Carpentry What We Are; Advanced Blueprint Reading; Transit & Level)
How do I get started in the program?
How to Apply
- Complete the application form for the trade and meet the qualifications as stated above
- Letter of Introduction automatically issued upon receipt of completed materials above and passing score on Carpenters Math Test (70%)
Northeastern Wisconsin Regional Council of Carpenters Training Fund
N2216 Bodde Road, Kaukauna, WI 54130
Northeastern Wisconsin Regional Council of Carpenters Training Fund,
N2216 Bodde Road, Kaukauna, WI 54130, 920-996-2312
Counties of Brown, Door, Florence, Kewaunee, Marinette, Oconto, Menominee, MI.