The N.E.W. Clinic at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is a teaching medical clinic, serving uninsured, underinsured and Medicaid patients while enhancing the education of tomorrow's health care providers.
Care is provided by licensed health care professionals and the clinic staff, who may be assisted by NWTC Health Sciences students. Patients receive the highest-quality care, and students receive the highest-quality education. Most services are provided at a sliding scale fee to those patients who qualify.
- Physician and Physician Assistant (PA)
- Non-emergency Acute Care (sore throats, ear infections, colds and flu)
- Chronic illness management (Diabetes, Hypertension, Asthma)
- Prevention and wellness services
- On site lab work
- Mental Health Counseling
- Health Benefits assistance
- Spanish language interpreter
Staff and Equipment:
The full-time healthcare provider is a licensed Physician Assistant (PA) and the part-time healthcare provider is a licensed Physician (MD).
The clinic is also staffed with a Clinic Coordinator, 2 Medical Assistants, Medical Laboratory Technician, 2 Receptionists/Interpreters, and Health Benefits Access Coordinator.
The state-of-the-art clinic utilizes Epic software for scheduling of patient appointments and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) for documentation of patient information and care.
Referrals are made to participating providers, when specialty care cannot be provided on-site.
The Clinic Coordinator can be reached at (920) 498-5436.
Patients who are covered by Medicaid or who are uninsured, or underinsured, and meet financial eligibility guidelines are treated at the clinic on a sliding scale fee.
- Patients are seen from from 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Please call 24 hours in advance to make an appointment. (Hours may change for students, meetings, patient needs, or holidays.) Some same day appointments are available.
- Calls are answered from 7:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- If the Green Bay Public Schools or the NWTC Green Bay campus closes due to bad weather, the clinic will also close.
How to Contact the N.E.W. Clinic at NWTC:
- Phone: 920-498-5436
- Fax: 920-498-5415
Location and Visitor Information:
The N.E.W. Clinic at NWTC is located in the NWTC Health Sciences Center, on the east side of campus. (See HS on the Green Bay Campus map.) Follow the N.E.W. Clinic signs to the "Health and Dental Clinics" entrance. Parking is always free and open to the public.
During clinic hours, Route 6 buses ("West Mason/NWTC") stop in front of the clinic at 13 minutes and 43 minutes after the hour. For details, call 448-3450 or go to http://www.ci.green-bay.wi.us/ and select "Transit" from the city departments list.