Together, we can ensure that Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is a place for all. NWTC partners with community organizations and K-12 schools to help enhance our college environment with a focus on diversity and inclusiveness.
The purpose of the Oneida Tribe of Indians of Wisconsin and Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (NWTC) relationship is to develop and maintain a strategic collaboration that strengthens Tribal nation building; inspires tribal members to successfully complete post-secondary technical education credentials; and, through the provision of robust technical education, transform and sustain the economic and social vitality of the nation and its members.
NWTC Diversity Team
The mission of the NWTC Diversity Team is to advise the director of Diversity and Inclusion, to advocate for initiatives that will facilitate the progress of diversity at the College, to challenge practices that hinder the fulfillment of the College’s vision for equity, and to support innovations that stimulate and advance diversity and inclusion.
The Diversity Team will enhance the College environment with focus placed upon equity and developing an inclusive climate, which supports student and community needs/trends and the cultural competency of its employees.
- Core Group Work
- Welcoming Environment: Communications
- Campus Climate and Organizational Change
- Student Recruitment
- Employee Recruitment
- Welcoming Environment: Art and Facilities
- Student Senate
President’s Diversity Council
The purpose of the NWTC President’s Diversity Advisory Council shall be to provide recommendations and advice as well as to advocate and help NWTC enhance its drive to promote diversity of its faculty/staff and to increase the enrollment and graduation of traditionally under-represented minority student populations by:
- Providing recommendations and assistance to enhance NWTC’s efforts to promote a culture-friendly environment community-wide.
- Assisting NWTC, through recommendations and actions, in reaching out to the community in terms of recruitment and retention of traditionally under-represented minority populations.
- Assisting the administration, staff, and faculty of NWTC in understanding and positively responding to the ethnic and cultural diversity issues of the community they serve.
- Helping NWTC develop and strengthen its community network designed to increase communication district-wide.
NWTC and the Green Bay Area Public School District (GBAPS) are working together to improve the success of PK-16 students in their attainment of a higher education credential.
The partners engage students and parents in college and career readiness activities that inspire students to build and maintain educational pathways which begin while they are in elementary and high school and seamlessly transition to two- or four-year colleges. While this partnership is intended to support all students, there is an emphasis on interventions and activities to address the achievement gap of minority populations. This partnership also fosters shared events and resources for the employees of both organizations. These events and resources lead to growth in professional development and service-learning which help achieve the predicted results.
Vision of Success
Area high school students can receive academic coaching to support their current needs and prepare for college. Academic areas include mathematics, chemistry, physics, biology, reading, and writing.