The gym locker rooms and showers will be CLOSED from July 24 to early November 2018.
Gym check in office/badge access will remain open until the new office and entry to the gym is constructed.
The gym and wellness center will remain open for the duration of construction. The weight room will need to close for minor construction at times. Please look for signs for closure dates.
Great Lakes Energy Education Center
Construction is complete on the Great Lakes Energy Education® Center at NWTC. It houses programs in power generation, transmission and management. The 32,000 sq. ft. building is powered by renewable energy and will be a showcase of energy-efficient design technologies.
- The Great Lakes Energy Education Center® has an EUI (energy use index) of around 30 kBTU/sf/yr., making it a very energy efficient building.
- It is a Net Zero Capable building, meaning it will generate as much energy as it consumes once all power generation systems are in place.
- Water Source variable refrigerant flow (VRF) System
- Geothermal heating and cooling.
- Dedicated outdoor air system (DOAS) with total energy recovery wheel
- Solar heating and passive solar lighting systems
- Exposed, color-coded ductwork so students can see how utilities and systems in the building are connected.
- Precise building monitoring and control systems so unused areas can be closed off and areas in use can be made most comfortable
NWTC's energy degree programs are rare in the United States--so rare that recruiters come from all areas of the United States to recruit graduates. The Energy Education Center itself is believed to be one of only three Net Zero Capable buildings in Wisconsin.
The NWTC Transportation Center is open. The new building, which opened in August of 2017, is located on the Green Bay campus between East Campus Drive and Packerland Drive. It houses the College’s Automotive, Auto Collision and Diesel Medium and Heavy Truck programs. Features of this 63,000 square-foot space include:
- a state of the art diesel truck repair lab
- auto collision and refinishing lab
- two auto repair labs
- a shared parts department
- transportation welding shop
- and a state-of-the-art high bay demonstration lab for instructional and corporate partner use
College of Business
The project to expand and reenergize the College of Business on the NWTC Green Bay campus is complete. The updated building includes two additions; one for Information Technology programs and another for Digital Arts programs with an additional 66,000 square-feet of renovated space for the College's Accounting, Human Resources, Business Management and Marketing programs.
Center for IT
The Center for IT addition provides an extra 12,500 square feet of space with specialized labs for our Networking, Web and Software Development and Computer Support programs.
View more photos »
Fun Fact: 2,300 feet or eight football fields of fiber cable run through the Center for IT.
Center for Digital Arts
Opening soon, the Center for Digital Arts adds an additional 15,000 square feet of space that will offer custom labs to accommodate classes in Photography, Graphic Design, Audio Production, Video Production and more.
View more photos »
Universal Driving Facility (UDF)
NWTC's Universal Driving Facility in Howard enhances emergency operations training for the Public Safety Department as well as law enforcement, fire departments, EMS and other public safety professionals around the region.
Universal Driving Facility Photos
This facility encompasses 26 acres that includes:
• Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC)
• Pond for water/ice rescue
• Multi Purpose/Defense And Arrest Tactics room
• 3 screen use-of-force video simulator
• Driving video simulators
• Heated garage (for year-round training)