Study Abroad in Peru
What will I explore?
NWTC students will travel to Peru during May 2021 for two weeks. Proposed stops on the itinerary include Lima, Cusco, a full day Machu Picchu Excursion, the Pisac Inca Ruins & Agricultural Terraces, Aguas Calientes, the Sacred Valley Clinic Site, and Ollantaytambo Ruins..
What will I learn?
The proposed program to Peru has a Dental Hygiene focus, and includes:
- A Local Clinic Program (Sacred Valley Clinic)
- Cultural Activities, Group Dinners & Discussions
- Excursions to various ruins and sites
What's included in the cost?
$2,800 - $3,200 is the estimated program cost, and includes:
- round-trip airfare
- international health coverage
- transportation from NWTC to O’Hare airport and back
- in-country transportation, such as train, subway, or bus
- entrance fees
- some meals
Costs do not include: tuition (optional), some meals, personal spending money, and passport fees.
What are the credit opportunities?
To be determined
All credit opportunities are optional.