• Completed application.
• High school transcript or equivalent. (For a list of equivalents, go to www.nwtc.edu/gettingstarted.)
• Demonstrated suitability to the early childhood profession as indicated by completion of a functional ability checklist.
• Complete physical examination within three months prior to Practicum course to include having a negative TB test. Maintain proper immunizations.
• Completed an American Heart Association CPR course prior to program entry to include the AED component for infants, toddlers and adults. Students are required to maintain a current CPR card on a two-year renewal cycle.
• Mastered basic math before entering this program. Basic math covers whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percents and measurements.
• To be admitted to this program, learners must achieve a prior cumulative high school or college grade point average of 2.6 or higher OR a satisfactory academic skills assessment score. College grade point average must be based on 15 credits or more. To learn more about starting this program, please contact an academic advisor at (920) 498-5444 or (888) 385-6982.
• Complete caregiver background check. A fee is charged for this service. Must be completed to be accepted to the program.
* Program-related job openings, full- and part-time, within our district, via EMSI. Many programs have additional job opportunities outside of district. Learn more at www.nwtc.edu/graduatesuccess