FYI...Blackboard shells will be created the second week of August. As long as the correct instructor is assigned to the course, the high school instructor will see the blackboard shell at that point.
Please send all training requests to:
Training Requests will need to include the following:
- Full name
- NWTC ID # (if you know it)
- Contact information (e-mail address or phone #)
- Course Title and number
- Session number (or date and time)
Summer 2016 Blackboard Training Sessions
Blackboard: Building Content (1.5hrs)
· Friday April 22, 2016 (9am-10:30am)
· Tuesday June 14, 2016 (8:30am-10am)
· Thursday June 16, 2016 (1:30pm-3pm)
· Tuesday July 26, 2016 (1:30pm-3pm)
· Thursday July 28, 2016 (8:30am-10am)
Blackboard: Grade Center (1.5hrs)
· Wednesday May 4, 2016 (3:30pm-5pm)
Blackboard: Assessments (1.5hrs)
· Wednesday May 11, 2016 (9am-10:30am)
· Tuesday June 14, 2016 (10am-11:30am)
· Thursday June 16, 2016 (3pm-4:30pm)
· Tuesday July 26, 2016 (3pm-4:30pm)
· Thursday July 28, 2016, (10am-11:30am)
· Thursday May 5, 2016 (3:30pm-5pm)
· Friday May 13, 2016 (9am-10:30am)
· Tuesday June 14, 2016 (1pm-2:30pm)
· Thursday June 16, 2016 (4:30pm-6pm)
· Tuesday July 26, 2016 (4:30pm-6pm)
· Thursday July 28, 2016 (1pm-2:30pm)
Blackboard Course Descriptions
Blackboard: Building Content (1.5 hrs)
No previous Blackboard experience is required. In this 1.5 hour session, learners will interact with and be introduced to Blackboard Learn. We will cover navigation, content, grading and assessment at a high level. Questions are encouraged during this session.
Blackboard: Grade Center (1.5 hrs)
Prerequisite for this course is Blackboard: Building Content or equivalent. Attend this hands-on session to set up your gradebook for online, video conference, web enhanced or just face-to-face classes in Blackboard. Whether your course is based on weighted categories or total points, this is the session to attend to ensure the gradebook is set up to calculate the score properly.
Blackboard: Assessments (1.5 hrs)
Prerequisites for this course are Blackboard: Building Content and Blackboard: Grade Center or equivalent. Did you want to learn how to set up a test in Blackboard for your students to take online as practice or as the actual exam?
In this session you will learn:
- How to build a Test from scratch
- How to build a Survey from scratch
- How to import test questions using "Test Generator"
- How to set up a Test for the "Respondus Lock-Down Browser"
- How to build a Pool of questions to use anytime