Certificate Completers will be able to
• Apply math concepts to work with whole numbers, integers, fractions, decimals, measurement, trigonometry, algebraic equations and practical plane geometry.
• Understand Orthographic projection, sketching, dimensioning, section and auxiliary views, structural shapes, metric conversion and interpretation of fabrications from prints.
• Understand welding symbols AWS and ISO, weld joint nomenclature, and welding joint geometry.
• Demonstrate the safe use and set up of GMAW equipment
• Demonstrate the ability to weld in flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead positions, fillet and groove welds, pipe to plate, with and without backing on plain carbon steel.
Completers will be able to apply credits toward the following programs: