Flexible Learning Option
• The majority of Health Care Business Services program courses are offered online.
• The program may be completed in a part-time or full-time format.
• Students will be required to provide their own transportation to internship sites and cover any other expenses related to internship experiences. Students may be expected to travel distances to internships.
• Students will be required to complete a caregiver background check. A fee is charged for this service. Additional information will be provided upon acceptance into the program.
• Students will be required to show documentation of 2 TB tests from within the past 12 months prior to their internship. A fee is charged for this service. Students may be required by the internship site to provide proof of immunizations prior to interning. Additional information will be provided upon acceptance into the program.
• Students will be required to show proof of an annual flu vaccine.
• Students are required to petition for an internship assignment. Students may petition by submitting a "Petition to Enter Internship" form to the Health Sciences Department office according to the following schedule:
• Spring semester internship deadline is October 31.
• Fall semester internship deadline is March 31.
• NWTC will make every effort to place students in the semester they request. However, NWTC cannot guarantee an internship site assignment in the semester being requested.
Study Abroad Opportunities
The International Studies staff continually seeks opportunities for students to travel abroad for educational experiences that may be offered in association with program courses. To find out more about which of your program courses may offer an opportunity during this academic year, contact your academic advisor.
Wisconsin Caregiver Law
NWTC is required to comply with the Wisconsin Caregiver Law (1997 WISCONSIN ACT 27). The completion of a caregiver background check includes the review of criminal records for convictions of serious crimes or a history of improper behavior. Students accepted into this program must complete a background check through www.CertifiedBackground.com. Information regarding this process is provided to students immediately upon acceptance into the program. Students with a criminal history may be denied access to placement at the discretion of the clinical or practicum site. Consequently, should a student have a history of convictions of serious crimes or a history of improper behaviors, NWTC cannot guarantee clinical/practicum placement or guarantee graduation within typical program timing.