A graduate of this program will have the potential for employment in the following areas:
• Propane Gas Delivery Person: delivers bulk propane gas to customers and interacts with customers.
• New Customer Tank and Cylinder Installer: installs propane and connects piping to customer appliances.
• Bulk Plant Operator: fills and maintains cylinders and fills bulk delivery trucks.
• Gas Construction Mechanic: installs and maintains gas distribution and transmission pipelines using trenching, backhoe, underground road boring, plastic fusion, welding, mapping, and record keeping skills.
• Gas Meter Mechanic: installs, repairs, and maintains electronic and mechanical gas metering equipment.
• Gas Service Mechanic: installs and maintains residential, commercial, and industrial gas piping, valving, pressure regulating, and overpressure protective equipment.
• Gas Clerk-Estimator: develops specifications and related maps and records used in installing and maintaining gas distribution facilities. Records of this type are manual but are moving towards computer emphasis.
• Gas Regulator Maintenance Mechanic: installs and maintains high pressure gas regulating, measuring, odorizing, heating, filtering, valving, and piping systems; electronically and mechanically operated equipment are involved.
• Gas Appliance Repair Mechanic: maintains and troubleshoots residential and/or commercial gas appliances and heating/cooling equipment.
• Underground Facilities Locator: locates and marks all underground facilities prior to excavation using various locating equipment.
With additional education and/or work experience, graduates may find other opportunities for employment.
• Construction Crew Foreman
• Corrosion Technician
• Meter and Regulator Technician
• Utility Locating Supervisor
• Pipeline Welder
• Vendor Sales and Marketing