A graduate of the program will have the potential for employment for diverse employers, such as renewable energy businesses, energy companies, equipment supply companies, oil and gas field service companies and utilities in the following areas:
• Solar Electric Energy Technician: designs, estimates, installs, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies residential and/or commercial solar electric systems.
• Solar Site Assessor: conducts facility energy audit/assessments; is responsible for making recommendations regarding solar energy systems. Prepares cost estimates, energy analysis; is accountable for building long-term customer relationships.
• Solar Sales Representative: provides consultations and assessments to potential customers. Manages the pipeline of contacts and opportunities within an assigned territory and deliver compelling presentations. Acts as the project manager for installation of systems and coordination of closeout.
With additional education and/or work experience, graduates may find other opportunities for employment.
• Energy Analyst
• Plumber or Electrician Journeyperson
• Project Manager
• Energy Engineer
• Environmental Consultant
The following certificates/technical diplomas may be applied toward this program:
• 904821, Renewable Energy-Solar Electric Certificate
• 904822, Renewable Energy-Solar Thermal Certificate