• NWTC is a member of VESTA, a partnership of colleges nationwide that together deliver online Enology (winemaking) and Viticulture (grape growing) education. VESTA is formally referred to as the Viticulture and Enology Science and Technology Alliance. More information is on the VESTA website www.vesta-usa.org.
• Students desiring to earn an Associate Degree in Vineyard Management (Viticulture) must apply for admission to NWTC and must take a minimum of 25% of technical core courses at NWTC.
• The VESTA online courses, identifiable by “VIN” in front of the course code have a separate admission and registration process.
• Practicum sites throughout the state are listed on the VESTA website. New ones can be added if the student finds a willing and eligible vineyard.
• Some courses have a minimum age requirement.
• Further information on VESTA can be found on the website www.vesta-usa.org.
Study Abroad Opportunities
• The International Studies staff continually seeks opportunities for students to travel abroad for educational experiences that may be offered in association with program courses. To find out more about which of your program courses may offer an opportunity during this academic year, contact your academic advisor.