A graduate of the program will have the potential for employment for diverse employers such as industrial facilities, municipalities, utilities and governmental agencies in the following areas:
• Recycling coordinators establish, coordinate, and promote recycling programs and operations often turning old products and waste from industrial processes into useful, environmentally safe raw materials.
• Environmental Engineering Technicians apply theory and principles of environmental engineering to modify, test, and operate equipment and devices used in the prevention, control, and remediation of environmental problems, including waste treatment and site remediation, under the direction of engineering staff or scientist. May assist in the development of environmental remediation devices.
• Recycling and Resource Manager utilizes best management practices to manage organizational resources and recycling and resource programs impacting the culture, community and business practices of an organization.
• Water and Waste Water Treatment Plant and System Operators, operate or control an entire process or system of machines, often through the use of control boards, to transfer to treat water or wastewater.
• Water Resource Specialists design and implement programs and strategies related to water resource issues such as supply, quality, and regulatory compliance issues.