Blackboard Training for K12 Educators
FYI...Blackboard shells are created approximately three to four weeks prior to the first day of classes. You will only see your class Blackboard shell when you are assigned to it by K12 Relations.
Please send all training requests to: TLC@nwtc.edu
(If you need a phone call back, please email that request to TLC@nwtc.edu)
Training Requests will need to include the following:
- Full name
- Identify yourself as a Transcribed Credit Instructor
- NWTC ID # (if you know it)
- Contact information (work e-mail address or phone #)
- Course Title and number
- Session number (or date and time)
Blackboard Course Descriptions
Blackboard: Building Content (1.5 hrs)
No previous Blackboard experience is required. In this 1.5 hour session, learners will interact with and be introduced to Blackboard Learn. We will cover navigation, content, grading and assessment at a high level. Questions are encouraged during this session.
Blackboard: Grade Center (1.5 hrs)
Prerequisite for this course is Blackboard: Building Content or equivalent. Attend this hands-on session to set up your gradebook for online, video conference, web enhanced or just face-to-face classes in Blackboard. Whether your course is based on weighted categories or total points, this is the session to attend to ensure the gradebook is set up to calculate the score properly.
Blackboard: Assessments (1.5 hrs)
Prerequisites for this course are Blackboard: Building Content and Blackboard: Grade Center or equivalent. Did you want to learn how to set up a test in Blackboard for your students to take online as practice or as the actual exam?
In this session you will learn:
- How to build a Test from scratch
- How to build a Survey from scratch
- How to import test questions using "Test Generator"
- How to set up a Test for the "Respondus Lock-Down Browser"
- How to build a Pool of questions to use anytime
Blackboard Building Content
Blackboard Grade Center
Call 920-498-6800 (NWTC Help desk) - Please provide your Name, High School, NWTC ID# (username) and let them know you are a Transcribed Credit Teacher.
- Blackboard Login for K12 Teachers - https://youtu.be/ABICHmyMZXo
Blackboard Classes for K12 Teachers - https://youtu.be/4X8l2HdkeLo
Blackboard Grading for K12 Teachers - https://youtu.be/30uWYkp58rk
Blackboard K12 Teacher Information - https://youtu.be/BQePJh2_Mys
- Blackboard Overview for Transcribed Credit Instructors
- Blackboard Help - Ask a Librarian
- Dual Credit Resource Guide
- Create Content
- Release Content
- Create Edit Assignments
- Assignment Grade Settings
- Adding Files, Images, Audio and Video
- Create Group Assignments
- Create Tests and Surveys
- Test and Survey Options
- Questions Settings
- Import or Export Tests, Surveys, and Pools