The Student Emergency Fund is an emergency assistance program that provides funds to students with immediate need. By providing one-time funds for unanticipated emergencies related to transportation, childcare, or housing, the fund helps prevent life events from interrupting a student's education. The Student Emergency Fund is made possible through the generosity of NWTC employee giving, the NWTC Educational Foundation, fundraisers across the College, and funding from state grants.
The NWTC Educational Foundation has received a generous commitment from the Rhoades Sanford Foundation to match up to $35,000 in gifts made by June 30, 2021 to support the NWTC Student Emergency Endowment. This means your gift provides double the support to students!
More than 900 NWTC students participated in a recent survey regarding their basic needs. Of these 900+ students, 61% experienced at least one form of basic needs insecurity, including:
- 36% who experienced food insecurity in the prior 30 days,
- 52% who experienced housing insecurity in the previous year, and
- 11% who experienced homelessness in the previous year.
Interested in investing in students through the NWTC Student Emergency Endowment – and doubling your donation through the Rhoades Sanford Foundation matching gifts?
- Visit nwtc.edu/givenow to get started.
- Select "Student Emergency Endowment" as your gift designation.