Transfer your Credits into NWTC

How to Transfer Dual Credits to College

Have you taken dual credit classes while in high school? Dual credit classes – like Advanced Standing, Youth Options, Youth Apprenticeship, and Transcribed Credit – are classes that allow high school students to earn college credit while earning credit toward high school completion at the same time.

How to Transfer Credits from College  

If you’ve earned college credit from another accredited college or university, use one of the resources below to help determine if the credits transfer to NWTC.

Request a Credit for Prior Learning Consultation

Speak with our Credit for Prior Learning advisors on how to transfer and apply your previous college credits. 

Transfer Equivalency Service (TES)

Check the Transfer Equivalency Service for courses from your previous college/university that may already be determined by NWTC to be eligible for transfer. If your college/university is not listed on the TES, you may contact the NWTC Credit for Prior Learning advisor to identify courses that may transfer to your NWTC degree program.

Transfer Information System (TIS)

Use the Transfer Information System if you are transferring from a four-year UW campus, a UW Colleges campus, or another Wisconsin Technical College. The TIS will allow you to see potential courses that may transfer to NWTC. (It is always recommended that you speak with an academic advisor for most accurate information.)