Don’t delay your dreams. Extra money for college is available now through COVID funding!
- You are eligible for pandemic-related grant funds if you are enrolled in one or more credits, have a high school diploma or HSED/GED, and have been financially impacted by COVID-19.
- NWTC will fund students until COVID-19 relief funding has been depleted.
- If you are Pell eligible with a zero EFC income limit, funds will be automatically applied to your account each semester you are enrolled in at least one eligible credit. You do not need to apply for funds. You will be sent an email notifying you of your funding. Grant amounts:
- $100 for eligible students taking 1-2 credits.
- $300 for eligible students taking 3-5 credits.
- $500 for eligible students taking 6-8 credits.
- $700 for eligible students taking 9-11 credits.
- $900 for eligible students taking 12+ credits.
- If you are not Pell eligible with a zero EFC income limit or do not have a FAFSA on file, you will need to work with a staff or faculty member who will raise a Starfish referral with your impact from Covid-19. Grant amount is $600.
About the funding
The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF III) authorized by the American Rescue Plan (ARP), Public Law 117-2, signed into law on March 11, 2021, provides funding for institutions of higher education to serve students and ensure learning continues during the COVID-19 pandemic. NWTC is distributing funds received through ARP to serve students who have been financially impacted by COVID-19.
Have questions about ARP Funds? Let us know!