Don’t delay your dreams. Extra money for college is available now through COVID funding!
Grant award amounts:
- $100 for eligible students taking 1-2 credits.
- $300 for eligible students taking 3-5 credits.
- $500 for eligible students taking 6-8 credits.
- $700 for eligible students taking 9-11 credits.
- $900 for eligible students taking 12+ credits.
You are eligible for pandemic-related grant funds if you are enrolled in one or more credits and have been financially impacted by COVID-19.
- If you are Pell eligible, funds will be automatically applied to your account each semester you are enrolled in at least one eligible credit until all grant funds have been depleted. You do not need to apply for funds. You will be sent an email notifying you of your award.
- If you are not Pell eligible or do not have a FAFSA on file with NWTC, you will need to complete the American Rescue Plan application process indicating financial need. Funds will be awarded based on need on a first come, first served basis. If you are awarded funds, you will be sent an email notifying you of your award.
- How to apply: Log into your student portal (My.NWTC) and look for the American Rescue Plan Grant Application, located in the Financial Aid section of the portal. If you do not have internet access for completing the application, let us know – we can help!
About the funding
The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF III) authorized by the American Rescue Plan (ARP), Public Law 117-2, signed into law on March 11, 2021, provides funding for institutions of higher education to serve students and ensure learning continues during the COVID-19 pandemic. NWTC is distributing funds received through ARP to serve students who have been financially impacted by COVID-19.
Have questions about ARP Funds? Let us know!