Looking for training that incorporates the latest smart grid technologies? NWTC is the only technical college in Wisconsin that is providing training programs for existing and emerging jobs in smart grid.
SmartGrid training options at NWTC:
- Online courses and certificates
- Workshops at your facility
- Mobile smart grid lab - bringing hands-on training to your facility
The SmartGrid is:
An advanced electric grid with sensors and smart devices linking all aspects of the grid, from generator to consumer. The smart grid delivers enhanced operational capabilities that:
- Provide consumers with the information and tools necessary to be responsive to electricity grid price and reliability through the use of electric devices and new services (from smart thermostats to plug-in hybrid electric vehicles.
- Ensure efficient use of the electric grid (optimizing existing infrastructure while integrating emerging technologies such as renewables and storage devices).
- Enhance reliability protecting the grid from cyber and natural attacks, improving power quality, and promoting early detection and a self-correcting grid.
Contact Amy Kox, Associate Dean Energy & Sustainability, 920-498-6908, or firstname.lastname@example.org