Mathematics and Logic
Course Number: 10804133
10-804-133 MATH & LOGIC ...Students will apply problem solving techniques from discrete mathematics.Topics include symbolic logic, sets, algebra and base number systems (Prerequisite: Next Gen Arith score greater/equal to 250 AND Rdg score greater/equal to 250; OR TABE A 9/10 Math greater/equal to 12.7 AND Rdg greater/equal to 8.8; OR TABE 11/12 Math greater/equal to 780 AND Rdg greater/equal to 573; OR ACT Math score greater/equal to 15 AND ACT Rdg score greater/equal to 16; OR prep courses-contact academic advisor 920-498-5444).
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Solve applied algebraic problems
- Utilize heuristic tools for problem solving
- Convert between place value number systems
- Apply number systems to problem solving
- Apply principles of set theory
- Apply symbolic logic principles