ECE: Preschool Practicum
Course Number: 10307175
10-307-175 ECE: PRESCHOOL PRACTICUM ...This course will apply as the capstone course in The Registry Preschool Credential. You will be placed or working in an early childhood setting with 3-5 year old children and create a portfolio that prepares you for The Registry commission. In this course you will be implementing regulations and standards for quality early childhood education, applying knowledge of child development and positive guidance, utilizing observation and assessment techniques, and assessing developmentally appropriate environments for preschoolers. (Prerequisites: 10-307-167 ECE: Hlth Safety & Nutrition; 10-307-179 ECE: Child Development; 10-307-110 ECE: Social Studies, Art, Music; 10-307-108 ECE: Early Language & Literacy; 10-307-188 ECE: Guiding Child Behavior AND Accepted in the Early Childhood Preschool Certificate) OR Early Childhood Program Associate Degree Students must have completed all of the above AND Accepted in Early Childhood Associate Degree Program; (Prerequisite: 10-307-177, ECE: Intermediate Practicum)
Course Typically Offered
- Analyze factors that influence child development and behavior of children 3-5 years of age through effective observation and assessment techniques.
- Incorporate governmental regulations and professional standards as they apply to quality early childhood education.
- Integrate strategies that support diversity, cultural responsiveness and anti-bias perspectives.
- Implement developmentally appropriate integrated learning experiences for 3-5 year old children that promote child development and learning through play and care routines.
- Implement a developmentally appropriate environment for children 3-5 years of age.
- Implement positive guidance strategies for children 3-5 years of age.
- Demonstrate responsible and ethical behavior as an early childhood education professional.
- Utilize positive interpersonal skills with children and adults.