Special Patient Populations
Course Number: 10-531-921
Description: 10-531-921 SPECIAL PATIENT POPULATIONS ...this course teaches the paramedic student to integrate assessment findings with principles of anatomy, physiology, epidemiology, and pathophysiology to formulate a field impression and implement a comprehensive treatment plan for patients with special needs. Gynecological emergencies, along with special considerations in trauma are also included within this course. (Corequisites: all 10-531-XXX courses in current semester)
Total Credits: 3
- Analyze the pathophysiology, assessment findings, and management of gynecological conditions/emergencies.
- Summarize the pathophysiology, assessment, and management of obstetrical complications.
- Outline components of neonatal and pediatric care.
- Outline components of geriatric care.
- Differentiate the care of patients with special challenges.
- Identify special considerations for working with patients in trauma.
- Demonstrate care for a special population patient.
Course details are from the 2021-2022 academic year and are subject to change after 5/23/2022.