Utility Systems Maintenance
Course Number: 10-468-103
Description: 10-468-103 UTILITY SYSTEMS MAINTENANCE ...learn utility systems testing methods and hands-on experience with the tools necessary to provide preventive and predictive maintenance services for electrical distribution equipment. Utilize standard utility testing tools, non-destructive testing tools and predictive failure analysis methods. (Prerequisite: 10-468-101, Utility Power Systems Coordination)
Total Credits: 3
Prior Learning Assessments
- Set up electro-mechanical protective relays used in power distribution systems.
- Set up microprocessor protective relays used in power distribution systems.
- Conduct protective relay test procedures.
- Conduct breaker test procedures.
- Perform transformer maintenance testing.
- Perform capacitor testing.
- Test overvoltage protection (surge limiting) devices.
- Perform cable testing.
- Test battery power systems.
- Perform a substation inspection.
- Investigate non-destructive predictive maintenance procedures.